Contact: Joyce Coffee, Managing Director, Notre Dame Global Adaptation Index, 312-894-9028, firstname.lastname@example.org
CCBJ recognized ND-GAIN with the NGO Award for achieving a higher profile for analyses of the climate-readiness of nations, and for increasing support for public and private sector leaders to prioritize adaptation and resilience investments.
“Being recognized for leadership in climate adaptation and resilience inspires ND-GAIN to double down on our mission to raise the world's awareness about the need to adapt,” said Joyce Coffee, ND-GAIN managing director. “ND-GAIN looks forward to continuing our leading global work to increase the uptick in investments in vulnerable communities, especially through our current focus on both urban adaptation assessments and the growth of the adaptation market."
ND-GAIN was also honored for:
- Developing a Urban Adaptation Assessment in five pilot cities (Baltimore, Los Angeles, Memphis, Seattle and Davenport)
- Publishing a study of corporate adaptation, in conjunction with Four Twenty Seven and Business for Social Responsibility that identified water scarcity as the top concern of corporations surveyed
- Releasing the 2015 ND-GAIN Country Index, which includes new visualization tools covering 20 years of data across 180 countries
- Hosting global adaptation webinars in Spanish and Mandarin
- Receiving a variety of coverage in the UK newspaper The Independent, BusinessInsider, HuffingtonPost and other media prior to COP21
The 2015 Business Achievement Awards will be presented at Environmental Industry Summit XIV in San Diego, California, on March 9.
About ND-GAIN: Part of the Notre Dame Environmental Change Initiative, ND-GAIN’s mission is to enhance the world’s understanding of adaptation through knowledge, products and services that inform public and private actions and investments in vulnerable communities.
About EBI: Founded in 1988, Environmental Business International Inc. is a research, publishing and consulting company that specializes in defining emerging markets and generating strategic market intelligence for companies, investors and policymakers. EBI publishes Climate Change Business Journal, which covers nine segments of the Climate Change Industry.