This year's winners are Centre de Suivi Ecologique and Novartis International AG!
Centre de Suivi Ecologique | Adaptation to Coastal Erosion
Centre de Suivi Ecologique's Adaptation to Coastal Erosion project in three urban coastal areas with economic importance for fisheries and tourism and affected by coastal erosion. The project is a partnership between the Centre, the Senegalese government and Dynamique Femmes, among others, and is financed by the Adaptation Fund.
Novartis International AG | Arogya Parivar “Healthy Family” Initiative
Novartis International AG's Arogya Parivar “Healthy Family" initiative for creating Social Ventures – shared-valued business models that complement philanthropic and zero-profitinitiatives– and uses both social and business components together to create sustainable solutions.
ND-GAIN 2014 Corporate Adaptation Prize Projects to Watch:
- Abbott, in partnership with Partners in Health, for their Nourimanba social enterprise nutrition initiative in Haiti
- Andean Health and Development for their health training initiative in Ecuador
- BASF, in partnership with Grameen Limited, for their mosquito net innovation in Bangladesh
- Climate Change Unit of Delta State for their eco-cook stove initiative in Nigeria
- Engility Corporation, in partnerships with local non-profits and USAID, creating the multi-sector Climate Change Resistant Development initiative in several countries including Kajikastan, Nepal and the Philippines
- HSBC India, in partnership with the Jal Bhagirathi Foundation, for their potable water harvesting projects in India
- Royal Green Technology Co., in partnership with the Animal Development Society, for their biofertilizer project in Egypt
- South Pole Carbon, in partnership with Evidence Action, for facilitating investments in water purification projects in Kenya and Uganda
What's Next: Corporations Leading Resilience Around the World | CAP 2014
Panel discussion during 2014 Corporate Adapation Prize Event at NYC Climate Week:
• Charlie Hough, Vice President, Head of Corporate Responsibility Strategy & Stakeholder Engagement, Novartis
• Déthié Soumaré Ndiaye, Coordinator of the Adaptation Fund Bureau, Centre de Suivi Ecologique
• Loren Labovitch, Director for Emerging Market Growth and Partnerships, MWH Global
• Amy Luers, Climate Change Director, Skoll Global Threats
• Rick Saines, Partner & Head of North America Climate Change & Environmental Markets Practice, Baker & McKenzie
• Moderator: Joyce Coffee, Managing Director, Notre Dame Global Adaptation Index