ND students had the chance to enter the McCloskey Business Plan Competition with innovative approach to enhancing resilience and improving livelihoods in the face of climate change.
- Food security
- Water access
- Coastal protection
- Ecosystem services
- Human habitats
- Infrastructure resiliency
Win the first-ever global prize for the best climate adaptation business plan!
Ideas Challenge: $100 cash prizes for top 60 second business pitches. Climate Adaptation Innovation Winners include:
- Undergraduate Business Student, Sean Brown for his idea of "apps connecting patients in remote areas to medical counsel"
- MBA Student, Robert Kuang for his idea of "infrastructure & building project crowd funding from non-traditional investor"
- Undergraduate Business Student, Najmeddine Harrabi for his idea of "innovation summer camps throughout the Middle East to assist with under and unemployment"
- EMBA Student, Nash Simeunovic for his idea of "bridging the gap between people and healthcare professionals through social media and apps in Haiti"
McCloskey Business Plan Competition: ND-GAIN awarded the Entrepreneurial Adaptation Prize of $5,000 for the most innovative solution related to global adaptation to S.I.R.E.N. This company uses marine aquaponics technology t
o sell fresh, sustainably grown species of fish and vegetables.